Re: Bash bug? - piped loops using builtin echo and stdout

I can reproduce Stuart's problem on W2K.  I'm on a uni-processor machine.
I've only tried it interactively.  Removing the pipe from the process
makes "foo" and "bar" alternate as expected.  With the pipe the result is:

 >while( true ); do echo foo; /bin/echo bar; done | cat
foo
bar
foo
bar
foo
bar
foo
bar
foo
foo
bar
bar
foo
bar
foo
foo
foo
bar
bar
bar
foo
foo
bar
bar
foo
foo
foo
bar
bar
bar
.
.
.

This is with Cygwin 1.3.10.  Just as an alternate data point to avoid too
much emphasis on Stuart's configuration.