Re: is there a cl.exe wrapper for cygwin

At 07:12 AM 3/29/2002, Jonathan Wilson wrote:
>Basicly, I want a program called cl.exe that will take MS command line arguments and translate them into GCC args then call GCC.
>It should also return any error codes from gcc back to the caller so that e.g. a make process can act on it.
>Does such a thing exist? (and one for lib, link & rc as well)  If not, I would like to make one, I know most of how to do it, only thing I dont know is what code to use to execute gcc once the arguments are passed, what code to use to wait until gcc has finised and what code to use to pass the return code from gcc back to the process that called the cl stub.

There's been talk in the past about this but no one has contributed such a
wrapper AFAIK.  In terms of the calls you refer to, I assume you'd want to
use spawn() and friends in POSIX-land and CreateProcess() and friends in
Win32-land.  However, if I were doing this, I would consider just scripting
this.