Re: .bashrc not getting sourced?

I believe that .bash_login, .bash_profile  or .profile is the file
you're wanting to use in this instance.

man bash
{ snip }

     When an interactive shell that  is  not  a  login  shell  is
     started, bash reads and executes commands from ~/.bashrc, if
     that file exists.  This may be inhibited by using the --norc
     option.   The  --rcfile  file option will force bash to read
     and execute commands from file instead of ~/.bashrc.

{ snip }

If you're realling wanting .bashrc to be sourced on a login-shell, then
you'll either need to set BASH_ENV=$HOME/.bashrc, or source it from your
$HOME/.profile, or from /etc/profile.

David