Re: gcc, inetutils, & perl packages won't install

On Sat, 23 Mar 2002 12:06:22 -0700, you wrote:

>Thanks for the input, Martin, but gcc doesn't work for me.  When I type g++

Maybe I found a way. I did the following:

- Download the latest setup program v2.194.2.15
- Download all packages from Internet
- Installed from local directory

Now I am at the same point as you was: gcc, inetutils, perl was not
installed correctly, setup shows "skip" for these packages.  gcc
builds a hello world for me, but g++ is missing.

Now I did the following:
- Start an older setup program v2.125.2.10 (still got it from an
earlier installation)
- Install from local directory. Now gcc, inet and perl are not shown
as skip, but their version is listed instead. Next...

After setup finished, g++ is installed. Check with the latest setup,
it now shows "keep" for all packages.

I can send you the older setup.exe by email.

Another option might be, to build the gcc completely from the sources
at ftp.gnu.org/gcc. But I am not sure, if the incomplete gcc
installation will allow that.

regards Martin