Re: I'm quite new at this... Need help......

At 11:41 AM 3/21/2002, WayharenMudding@aol.com wrote:
>Hello there...
>
>        My name is Derrick, and I love...ed Cygwin until my computer crashed
>and I downloaded it again, and came to see that it was a new version... All
>the versions are  not the one that I seek, I'm not sure what one I seek,
>cause I have no idea what I'm really doing outside of the one version I
>know.... *scratches his head in thought of the last statement*  Anyhow... I
>keep getting this error, no matter what... It looks exactly like this:
>
>$ make
>rm -f rom
>gcc -O -g -o rom act_comm.o act_enter.o act_info.o act_move.o act_obj.o
>act_wiz.
>o alias.o ban.o comm.o const.o db.o db2.o effects.o fight.o flags.o handler.o
>
>he
>aler.o interp.o note.o lookup.o magic.o magic2.o music.o recycle.o save.o
>scan.o
>skills.o special.o tables.o update.o
>/usr/lib/gcc-lib/i686-pc-cygwin/2.95.3-5/../../../../i686-pc-cygwin/bin/ld:
>cann
>ot find -luser32
>collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
>make: *** [rom] Error 1
>
>If you could either show me what version I had... Which was downloaded about
>2 months ago at least, I would appreciate it.  Unless you can help me fix
>this...  Meaning thorough walkthrough, cause I don't know how to do much...
>
>                                                    Thanks.

OK Derrick, since you say you're quite new at this, we're going to go easy
on you this time (but only this time! ;-) )  Questions like this should
first be researched through the email list archives, the FAQ, and the
on-line documentation.  In this particular case, you will find that this
issue has been discussed quite a bit yesterday.  It's a problem with setup
that still needs to be resolved.  There's also suggestions for work-arounds
in the meantime.

If you follow the mail list (which I assume you don't), you too will be
amazed at the number of people that will report this problem without
checking first to see if it has been answered.  This will continue to be
true even well after we post the ultimate solution, if the history of like
situations is any indicator.

Good luck,