Re: RE: input stream crash with gcc 3.1 (stack trace)

After compiling the stdlibs with -O0 -g I tracked down the crash to address:
0x004bdd7d

looking in my map file I see this at that address:

 .text$_ZNKSt5ctypeIcE2isEcc
                0x004bdd60       0x3c
/usr/local/lib/libstdc++.a(misc-inst.o)
                0x004bdd60                __ZNKSt5ctypeIcE2isEcc

here is the full de-mapped stack dump:  note: gdb 5.1 is playing up with the
new gcc 3.1 output format (maybe I need to grab a different branch of gdb?)
so I can't simply do a symbolic stack trace (it seg faults on me).

0x004bdd7d:

 .text$_ZNKSt5ctypeIcE2isEcc
                0x004bdd60       0x3c
/usr/local/lib/libstdc++.a(misc-inst.o)
                0x004bdd60                __ZNKSt5ctypeIcE2isEcc

0x004c7c6e:

.text$_ZNSi6sentryC1ERSib
                0x004c7b6c      0x184
/usr/local/lib/libstdc++.a(misc-inst.o)
                0x004c7b6c                __ZNSi6sentryC1ERSib
 .text$_ZNSi6sentryC2ERSib

0x004f5b5f:

.text$_ZStrsIcSt11char_traitsIcESaIcEERSt13basic_istreamIT_T0_ES7_RSbIS4_S5_
T1_E
                0x004f5b38      0x1f4
/usr/local/lib/libstdc++.a(misc-inst.o)
                0x004f5b38
__ZStrsIcSt11char_traitsIcESaIcEERSt13basic_istreamIT_T0_ES7_RSbIS4_S5_T1_E

Anyone got any ideas??