Re: Any chance of upping MAX_DELQUEUES_PENDING?

On Mon, Mar 18, 2002 at 09:22:43PM -0000, Chris January wrote:
>Why is MAX_DELQUEUES_PENDING set only to 100? Sometimes I want to delete
>more than 100 files (quite often in fact). Any good reason for this or is it
>an arbitary limit? If so, could it be upped to something a bit larger
>please?
>It seems the current limit of 100 was chosen arbitarily by Geoffrey Noer in
>1998.
>Just out of curiosity, why is there a deletion queue in the first place?
>Also, Geoffrey mentions that having an array of a fixed size is bad in the
>FIXME comment at the top of delqueue.cc. Is there any reason this has not
>been re-implemented as a linked list (for example), yet? (other than lack of
>contributors to do it)

Actually this should be handled by the new cygwin daemon code in the
future.

Currently, setting up the limit means increasing the size of cygwin's
shared memory region.

If you read the reference that Larry provided, you'll see that this
queue is only used in specific cases.  It isn't used for every deletion.
Check out the code in unlink() for details.

cgf