Re: Having problems with sshd and user accounts? 1.3.10 appears to be broken, 1.3.9 fixed it...

At 10:11 AM 3/14/2002, Stephen Gutknecht wrote:
>subject says all.   There are other reports on this NG of same.

Thank goodness someone has found the Cygwin release that's a panacea for all
subsequent Cygwin ills!  I'd heard B20 touted as this for so long that I was
afraid Cygwin would never reach such heights again.  Boy am I relieved!  I
guess there's no need for further Cygwin releases, since 1.3.9 is now the
cure all (actually, this makes me wonder why there were any releases after
B20....)  Anybody have any idea what would be a good use of the newly freed
up time of members of this group?

Seriously though, if people really want to be able to take advantage of
new and improved functionality in later releases of Cygwin without suffering
the problems they're seeing now with 1.3.10, more input on the problem will
be needed, if not a patch.  Corinna has already offered her analysis of the
situation.  It might be nice if those who are experiencing the problem could
help corroborate that analysis and/or provide details (strace, debug, etc) of
their problems so that this issue gets resolved.  Otherwise, this problem
will persist and you'll be stuck with 1.3.9 (or B20! ;-) ) and no upgrade
path.

Just some food for thought.