RE: Suggestion for setup

On the same ground, it would be nice if, when creating /etc/passwd and
/etc/group, setup.exe pass the "-d" flag to mkpasswd/mkgroup; otherwise,
ntsec is almost unusable for the (vast majority of) NT/2k/XP users that
happen to be in a Windows domain.

I don't know what happens if "mkpasswd -d" is used on 9x/Me if not in a
domain, but this seems harmless on NT/2k/XP, so always passing -d seems
harmless in these cases.

In fact for our own use, we package cygwin on the same CD as our own product
(with full source of course) and our own install procedure just overwrites
(after asking the user) the cygwin-setup generated files by calling
mk{passwd,group} with "-d".

Sorry for not providing a patch, but it should be fairly straightforward for
anybody used to working on setup.exe sources :-)

	Bernard

Bernard Dautrevaux
Microprocess Ingenierie
97 bis, rue de Colombes