1.3.9-1: input disappears after killing program

I am having the following bug occur in cygwin 1.3.9-1 running on Win2k Pro
SP2. When using cvs i have been known to change my mind before a commit or
update and out of habit I usually cancel with ^C.

Unfortunately, I have found that if I do this when it is asking me for my
password, the program dies with "cvs [update aborted]: received interrupt
signal", but when I type on the command line, it no longer echos to the
screen. I am guessing that the problem lies in the signal handling code for
cvs or ssh, but I don't know for sure.

Issuing the command 'reset' solves the problem fine, but it seems like it
should not be necessary. My cvs setup is standard with
CVSROOT=':ext:uname@domain:/code' and CVS_RSH='ssh'. Attached is my
cygcheck -r -v -s output. Thank you for your time.

John Fisher