Re: setup.exe (cinstall) bugfixes + minor new feature

> I was thinking that
> If the setting is absent it prompts,
> if the setting is on it always creates, overwriting the current one
> if the setting is off it never creates.

> Rob

Hmm - I'm not sure I understand this.

Current behaviour is that setup checks the boxes by default, if it does not
find the shortcuts.
The user can manually check the boxes to run the creation code even if they
already exist.
I find it mildly annoying to have to uncheck both boxes each time I run
setup. (My desktop shortcut is called something different, and I don't want
a start menu one)
Therefore, I would like setup to remember the fact that the user has
deliberately unchecked the boxes.
I don't understand why anyone would want the shortcuts deleted and recreated
every time the run setup?

I have just realised that there was a bug in my previous implementation -
setup will need to distinguish between it detecting the presence of the
shortcuts, and so defaulting the checkboxes to off, and a user turning them
off. (i.e., a user should be able to run setup, and it creates shortcuts,
run setup again, and the boxes be unchecked, delete the shortcuts, and have
setup check the boxes by default again - so only not checking by default
when the user has deliberately turned the checkboxes off)

I will proceed with fixing that bug, and investigate the use of a setup.conf
file. Are there any objections to using windows {Get,Set}PrivateProfileInt
API calls? Or should I investigate the setup.ini parsing code, and try to
use that?

Thanks,

Max.