Re: clisp as a shell

| > Hmm there is one tool somewhere that traces the system calls, maybe
| > can be used to see which files it can't access..
|
| I scanned the mailing list using the keywords "Permission denied", but
| couldn't find anything pertinent in the first 20+ hits.  Could I have
| a pointer to the name of the tool?

I meant strace.

| As something that is probably irrelevant, while pottering around in
| bash, I typed the following commands:
[...]

Hmm could it be a different path, environment variables or similar? I
mean clisp trying to start something, and well it finds one when it
runs in bash, and another from cmd.. Something missing from the path
in bash?

If clisp has a startup-file or similar, remove it, and add stuff one
line a time and see if it is that..

clisp was compiled with cygwin?

Throw a cygcheck on it :-)

        /Andy

--
 The eye of the beholder rests on the beauty!