RE: Can't obtain write permissions on my file...

Just wanted to let those who have followed this thread
that I found the solution.
You were right, this is no Cygwin problem, but an
Emacs bug. It doesn't recognize correctly the "w"
right for RCS/CVS files.
The fix is to put
(setq vc-ignore-vc-files t)
in the .emacs file.

Thanks for your help locating the problem. I really
thought this had something to do with my Cygwin
config.

Cheers,
Axelle.