Re: Updated: rsync-2.5.2-1

[I am responding on the cygwin list to a message on cygwin-announce and
cc'ing to the rsync list.]

From: "Lapo Luchini" <lapo@lapo.it>
> I have uploaded version 2.5.2-1 of the open source utility that
> provides fast incremental file transfer.
>
> ChangeLog as on http://rsync.samba.org :

Rsync 2.5.2 has a data-destroying bug as described here:

  http://lists.samba.org/pipermail/rsync/2002-January/005966.html

I ran into it yesterday after compiling 2.5.2 from source on another
platform. The bug is associated with the security fix described in the
change log. I didn't manage to apply the backout patch (didn't try very
hard) but I fixed the problem by downgrading to 2.5.1.

Lapo, does Cygwin rsync-2.5.2-1 suffer from this bug? Based on your message
I should think it would. I strongly advise against upgrading until the bug
is fixed.
---
Mark Hadfield
m.hadfield@niwa.co.nz  http://katipo.niwa.co.nz/~hadfield
National Institute for Water and Atmospheric Research