Re: Porting SSHD to WinNT

Niclas Bäckman (ERA) wrote:

> Hi !
> I'm currently working with porting a sshd server to WinNT.

Why, port it? Doesn't openssh work for you?

Install openssh and read `/usr/doc/Cygwin/openssh-3.0.2p1-5.README´

> I have compiled it using Cygwin, but what about the user authentication?
> Is it mapped to Windows authentication in Cygwin, when I try to log in with
> my <domain>\<userid> the authentication fails on the server side.

Any special reason you want password authentication when cygwin's
openssh now supports RSA authentication?

> Do I need to use the windows API for user authentication here ?
> Have another question also, when requesting a shell, the sshd calls /bin/sh.
> This is a cygwin feature, shouldn't I go for a NT shell instead(cmd.exe) ??

If you want a *nix like solution then /bin/sh (or whatever shell is
specified is in /etc/passwd) is what you want, isn´t it?
Take a look at the archives there was some problems calling non-cygwin
programs. This may be fixed now.

> Thanks in advance for any hints/solutions in this matter !

Most of your "hints" are in the documentation or the archives.

--
Med venlig hilsen / Kind regards

Hack Kampbjørn