Re: 1.3.9: rsync daemon 2.5.1 broken

On Sun, Feb 03, 2002 at 12:37:08PM -0600, Pat wrote:
> I've installed the latest cygwin 1.3.9 in order to use the rsync daemon.
> I have a setup that works fine under Solaris and basic mirroring works
> to my cyginw box.  However when I use the rsync "-backup" option (which tells
> rsync to save copies of modified files, necessary for incremental backups)
> rsync backs up all of the files every time...

I've determined that the problem is more fundamental...  Even without
the -backup behavior the cygwin rsyncd causes many many files to be
copied even whn they have not been modified.

I thought perhaps it was because Win98 would not properly preserve
ownership or permissions, so I removed those options (stopped using -a)
and specified only recursion, time stamp, and links.  I also believe that
directories are not preserved in a case sensitive way (two dirs differing
only by case cause problems for cygwin), but that is not the issue either...

Basically I think rsync under cygwin is just behaving badly.

Thanks,
Pat