Re: A real fork() on NT

On Sat, Feb 02, 2002 at 03:05:47AM -0000, Chris January wrote:
>>That isn't really new.  I'd like to point you to the example 6.1,
>>"Forking a Win32 Process" on p.  161ff of Gary Nebbett's excellent book
>>"Windows NT/2000 Native API Reference", published by MTP, ISBN
>>1-57870-199-6, which also describes the problem with kernel32.dll
>>initialization of the child process.
>
>Are you referring to the CsrpConnectToServer function?  I have a
>working implementation which replaces this with
>CsrClientConnectToServer which is exported from the DLL.  Are their any
>other pitfalls I should be aware of?

The book has a sample implementation of fork for NT.  Buy the book if you
are interested.

I doubt that either Corinna or I want to transcribe the book for this
mailing list.  And, I'm pretty sure that neither of us has that much
experience with the routines in the book.  I did play with the
implementation and realized that it would take quite a bit of work to
perfect for cygwin.  For one thing, it doesn't seem to concern itself
with dlls.

I don't remember if there were other issues.

cgf