Re: "no such file or directory" using 'spawn' on EXPECT

At 11:12 AM 12/28/2001, ROHIT X SINGH wrote:

> > Perhaps the output of 'cygcheck -s -r -v' would be of some help (and
> > maybe not! ;-) )
>

>Thanks Larry,
>
>I have found something which may be able to pinpoint the source of the
>error: However, I'm not competent enough to judge what's wrong! Perhaps,
>you or someone in the group will be able to help me out...
>
>On the system on which expect's spawn works AS EXPECTED, 'cygcheck -s -r
>-v' reports the PATH as UNIX paths, as follows:...

>       /usr/bin
>       /cygdrive/c/JDK1.3.1_01
>       .
>       .
>       .
>

>However, on the system where it DOESN'T Work as expected, the PATH is
>reported as "windows paths, i.e. drive names followed by windows path, as
>follows:

>       C:\cygwin\bin
>       C:\WINNT
>       .
>       .
>       .
>

>Will this be useful ?

To some extent.  It seems to indicate that you are running different
versions of the Cygwin package on these different machines.  I have a
machine here running 1.1.8 which reports the path in POSIX form as well.
The other machine, running Cygwin 1.3.6-2, reports DOS-style paths.

Look at the DLL version information at the end of the cygcheck output.
That should confirm this difference.  I'm not sure that this has much
bearing on your problem however.