Re: Can't spawn shell for authenticated user in SSHD(revisited)

Thanks for the reply Peter. While your suggestions didn't fix the problem, they did get me thinking and digging back into things.

Ultimately turned out that the problem was that while the system PATH environment variable had "c:\cygwin" defined, it did not include path "c:\cygwin\bin". I was starting sshd from the c:\cygwin\bin directory, but I'll bet that when new sshd process was spawned for the incoming connection, it wasn't finding cgywin1.dll, and possibly other needed components, in the c:\cygwin\bin directory because it wasn't in the path. Once c:\cygwin\bin was in the path, everything worked swell.

Regards,
John