RE: Potential problems with Cygwin GCC and -mno-cygwin switch

Ok... you got me...

One problem with cyberspace communication is how two (or more) people can be
talking about the same topic but are on different pages (metaphorically, of
course)... :)

What I was talking about is packages that you download and build yourself,
e.g. GNU regex, GNU libtool, GDBM, OpenLDAP: all of these packages configure
with a default prefix of /usr/local.

I was not talking about pre-packaged Cygwin binaries. And I still claim that
even after you install Cygwin packages, they will operate if you relocate
the libraries in /usr/lib. This is because the Cygwin binaries depend on
DLLs accessible via the PATH, which are NOT relocated from /usr/bin.

Jon