From: egor duda [mailto:deo@logos-m.ru]
Sent: Wednesday, December 26, 2001 7:48 AM
To: Mark Wood-Patrick
Cc: cygwin@cygwin.com; Mark Wood-Patrick (mlwp@pacbell.net)
Subject: Re: stty and echo woes

Hi!

Wednesday, 26 December, 2001 Mark Wood-Patrick mwoodpatrick@nvidia.com
wrote:

MWP> I am having problems with echo being disabled after running certain
MWP> commands (e.g. man, less, tset). I am runing Cygwin DLL 1.1.8 on
MWP> windows 2k. My TERM variable ois set to cygwin.

how about CYGWIN environment variable? Does it set to 'tty'?

MWP> Does anyone have any idea what's going on here or how I fix it

first, you may consider trying to upgrade to the latest version of
cygwin1.dll. I don't remember any tty issues being fixed lately, but 1.1.8
is a waaay back. second, please include cygcheck output to your report so
that people can see what your environment is.