Re: How do I use a socks server with cygwin?

On Thu, Dec 20, 2001 at 09:18:07AM -0600, CyberZombie wrote:
> You're saying that by using the Hummingbird product, you can ssh through
> the firewall?

Yes.

> Can you elaborate how you did this?

Once the Hummingbird SOCKS proxy software is installed, all that you need
to do is create a socks.cnf file.  See attached for a sample.  This it!
You are done!  It's that easy!

If you are looking for just a ssh/SOCKS solution then try the following:

    http://www.imasy.or.jp/~gotoh/ssh/connect.c

This is what I used before I found the generic Hummingbird solution.

BTW, Shun-ichi GOTO has a cvs-socks solution (if you can read Japanese)
at:

    http://www.imasy.or.jp/~gotoh/ssh/

Jason