Installed Cygwin, no 'cc'?

I installed Cygwin with (I thought) all packages selected.  However,
trying to follow configuration instructions for building xgcc, I
immediately get an error because 'cc' is not found.

I don't see 'cc' in any of the packages that setup.exe lets me install,
even 'devel'.  Must I install gcc and alias it to cc?

I'm somewhat surprised to find that no gcc is present on my system
either.  What's the trick to getting the install GUI just to lay down
every executable it knows about?

Thanks,
John