From: cygwin-owner@cygwin.com [mailto:cygwin-owner@cygwin.com] On Behalf
Of Steve Jorgensen
Sent: Monday, December 10, 2001 3:32 AM
To: cygwin@cygwin. Com (E-mail)
Subject: A humble request to those announcing new packages, programs,
etc.

As one who is using Cygwin and following the news in this list, but more

experienced with Windows than with 'nix, I would like to see a 1 or 2
sentence description in any new package announcement, be it official or
preliminary.

About 4 of 5 of the program names I see posted, I've never heard of, but
might realize the possible usefulness of some of them if I did know.

Thanks