Re: cygrunsrv sshd fails: Some clues

On Fri, 30 Nov 2001 08:13:14 -0600 you wrote:

> Unfortunately, I don't see a way (in 2K) to add a dependancy.
> Nor does TCP/IP exist as a service.

These are the commands I used on W2K.

If sshd is already installed as a service then remove it:
$ cygrunsrv -R sshd

Then install it again giving the dependency with the -y parameter:
$ cygrunsrv -I sshd -p /usr/sbin/sshd -a '-D' -y Tcpip -d 'CYGWIN sshd'

And then start sshd again, either with the control panel applet or:
$cygrunsrv -S sshd

I did have sshd dependant on LanmanWorkstation but about one time in three
sshd did not start on this 2 x Pentium III 600 MHz. I've just changed to the
above to see if it works any better.

I'm slightly confused as the control panel appleton does not state that
there are any dependencies but I assume that this is because, as Corinna
says, "it's not a "normal" service but a driver".

--
Mark Himsley
In Acton