Using objdump to disassemble a Windows DLL - can Cygwin help?

Hello everybody,

I'm reverse engineering the DLL of my MP3 player to be able to use it
under GNU/Linux. For being totally efficient I need a disassembler that
would replace the function adresses by their symbols - i.e instead of
having 'call 123456' you'd have 'call read_file'. Under Linux, I used to
use objdump with some front end (ldasm for example) that uses the output
of objdump to match the symbols with the adresses. But if I give objdump
a DLL, it claims that the object has no symbols.

It has symbols actually, but they are displayed a totally different way
than the Linux ELF binaries I've tried. Also, using a DOS disassembler
(the IDA freeware) I am able to retrieve these symbols and match them
with the adresses. Please note that I am not using Cygwin for doing this
- I have binutils compiled with support for all known targets, and use
the pei-i386 target with objdump. My questions are:

- Is Cygwin's objdump capable of dumping these symbols? I don't think so
as it shouldn't be that different from the Linux one which is capable of
reading many targets.
- Did I miss something? I'm not really a low-level guy and do not know
binutils well. Still, I'd really need to disassemble this DLL and don't
really want to reinstall a Windows system just to be able to do it. Is
there a better target than pei-i386 for reading DLLs with objdump?

If a binutils/Cygwin guru could enlighten me, I'd be most gratefull.

Thank you for your time!
Alex.