1.3.5 access violation at 61013ED4 (net.cc)

Using the fetchmail program under NT4, the
subject access violation occurred.

Disassembly of the code revealed that it was
in the "is_nonblocking()" method of an "fhandler_socket"
object.

In net.cc, there are unchecked results from an assignment
to an fhandler_socket* from cygheap->fdtab[fd].

I suspect the file descriptor was NULL because of a socket
connection loss.  However, the member function is invoked
unconditionally.

The access violation is a result of dereferncing a member
of the class using a NULL pointer.

The affected functions are:
            cygwin_sendto
            cygwin_recvfrom
            cygwin_getpeername
            cygwin_recv
            cygwin_send

I've created a patch file (diff -up) but this is my first time
submitting a report.

Thanks.

Joe Hagen