Re: gdb trouble

On Tue, 20 Nov 2001, Peter Buckley wrote:

> I presuppose that it doesn't understand /cygdrive and mount points, so
> it doesn't compute /usr/bin to mean c:\cygwin\bin.

Probably not a bad guess, but allow me to enumerate what Insight can and
cannot do (for the record). At least as far as I know:

When using the file menu's Open option, users open an exe for debugging by
using the Window's file selection dialog, which knows nothing about
cygwin (of course).

When using the console window to specify filenames, it is (or should be)
100% aware that /bin is c:/cygwin/bin, just as gdb does (or should).

I'm not sure where else command-line gdb and Insight differ w.r.t.
filenames (which is why I asked my original question).

Of course, I could be missing something obvious.
Keith