help on running c program on cygwin

I just installed Cygwin on XP and tried running a simple helloworld in c.
After a good compilation using gcc, I get nothing when trying to run the
outputfile.

$gcc helloworld.c -o helloworld.exe

$helloworld.exe

nothing.

When I double-click on the helloworld.exe icon on Windows Explorer, I get
an error prompt:

"This application has failed to start because cygwin1.dll was not found.
Re-installing the application may fix this problem."

So, I re-installed and nothing changed.

Can you help?

Thanks in advance,
Lily