AW: QT Tools

> Hallo Ralf,
>
> Am 2001-11-10 um 12:17 schriebst du:

> >>I'm building it today;)
>
> > Which version you are building ? I'm asking because the released
> version of qt
> > (2.3) contains currently no network support. This depends on the
> missing resolver lib
> > in cygwin. On my workstation I have build a qt version with the resolver lib
> > "bindlib_w32", but I'm not able to check if this lib works well in
> all cases.
>
> I fetched 2.3.2 and want also try 3.0, but at first get up 2.3.2 running.
> I used your patch (there is one little typo, but it builds great.
> I also configured with thread support.

Threat support works ? If had trouble compiling this

Would this speed up for example kde apps ?

> and want also try 3.0

I have downloaded qt 3.0 beta 6 some weeks ago and recognized that there are
serious
problems with the xfree libs if configuring with xft. I have tried to compile
the xft
lib, but this lib depends on some other libs and on one point compiling xlib was
broken.
After some workarounds I have gotten the related xlib compiled, but on starting
a qt
example I got an access violation error while the run time loader tries to load
some
xlibs. :-( (This are the errors, that I don't like) So I have stopped this for a
while.
Currently I have reconfigured qt 3.0 without xft so see, if there are some other
problems.

If I have any resilt I will report about this.

> > Is there anyone who can help with this ?
>
> Hmmm, don't know bindlib_w32, what is the problem?

bindlib_w32 seems to be the same lib as libresolv and is used for php4, but
ported to more platforms
including native win32 and contains some more functions like writev.c.

See http://www.php-center.de/en-html-manual/install-windows.html
"Get the source code for the DNS name resolver used by PHP at
http://www.php.net/extra/bindlib_w32.zip. This is a replacement for the
resolv.lib library included in win32build.zip."

Unfortunally both libs does not contain any test app, so I can't say if the libs
are full working or not.
So currently I can only say "it-seems-to-be-okay" but this depends on the qt
examples,
how far they use this lib. (I have configured bindlib_w32 as for a linux
system.)

Regards
Ralf