Re: Different console ouput functions

At 01:06 PM 11/9/2001, Ignasi Villagrasa wrote:
>I'm migrating to Cygwin a Watcom C++ based program.
>
>It uses printf function as well as Win32 API console output calls. I don't know why, but only Win32 API functions work fine. Standard library functions don't do anything.
>
>I built the program linking to crtdll at first and to msvcrt later.Function printf never works properly . It doesn't print anything. On the other side,  for instance, function WriteConsoleOutput has no problems.
>
>I think perhaps different find of functions print to different virtual consoles, but I don't know cygwin enough to know where to configure it.
>
>So I'd be very glad if someone could give me a hint.

You might want to check the email archives on this subject.  There has
been a discussion on exactly this issue in the last few weeks.
Essentially, if you haven't built a console program (as opposed to one
with a GUI), printf doesn't go anywhere.  See the email archives thread
for details and options (neither of which I recall at the moment! ;-) )