semicolon colon separated env vars to unix and viceversa

The question is why you would want to do this in the first place. I'm
not aware of a Cygwin JRE, and if you use Sun's native Win32 JRE,
it will not understand the Unix format afaik.

regards,
Markus

Enrico Spinielli writes:
 > Hi,
 > I wanted to transform my CLASSPATH env var settings (yes, I
 > am using Java :-) from Windows format (semicoln-separated
 > list of win paths) to Unix format (colon separated list of
 > unix paths) and here is an excerpt of the script I have written:
 >      #!/bin/bash
 >      # change an env var from Windows format (semicolon separated)
 >      # to Unix format (colon separated)
 >      IFS=@
 >      for i in ${1//;/@}
 >      do
 >           a=${a}:$(cygpath -u $i)
 >      done
 >      echo $a
 >
 > This works fine but I am wondering if there is something else
 > given that PATH is automatically converted by cygwin...
 >
 > Any idea?
 > bye
 > Enrico
 >

 > --

Markus Hoenicka, PhD
UT Houston Medical School
Dept. of Integrative Biology and Pharmacology
6431 Fannin MSB4.114
Houston, TX 77030
(713) 500-6313, -7477
(713) 500-7444 (fax)