Re: cygrunsrv v0.94 starts but not stops java.exe

On Thu, Nov 08, 2001 at 07:19:21AM -0600, Joshua wrote:
>     Corinna,
>
>     Thanks for the response.  I should have realized cygrunsrv was designed
> for Cygwin apps; it's stated clearly enough in the source.  It's just that
> Cygwin's such a great app (thanks to you all), that I want to use it for
> everything.
>
>     If I'm brave enough to plunge into the source, the force option you're

There's no need to be `brave'.  It's just a small bunch of source,
not even 2000 lines of code.  There's a `-s' option to define the
signal which should be used when killing the service app.  If we could
add something like a special signal or a --forcekill option which
doesn't result in a Cygwin kill() call but instead in calling
TerminateProcess... hmm, that's a bit tricky since cygrunsrv has
no access to the Windows PID... but there's a cygwin_internal()
call which allows getting the process table entry which contains
the Windows PID.  Just take a look into Cygwin's kill implementation,
function forcekill().

Corinna

Red Hat, Inc.