To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
Subject: Re: cygrunsrv v0.94 starts but not stops java.exe
From: Corinna Vinschen <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
Date: Thu, 8 Nov 2001 10:46:32 +0100

----

Java.exe is not a Cygwin application, right?  So it doesn't understand
the Cygwin signal mechanism.  Cygrunsrv is created to support Cygwin
applications so only the signals are sent to the service application
to stop it.  If the application doesn't stop, cygrunsrv doesn't stop
as well.

We could perhaps add a `force' option for killing the application
as in kill.exe.  Patches gratefully accepted.

Corinna

Red Hat, Inc.