Using gdb

I have a problem using gdb. Following information appears in screen:

D:\mc\viao>gdb -nw s:\client\mcc_cyg\cmpr\debug\cmprnt
GNU gdb 5.0 (20010428-3)
conditions.
This GDB was configured as "i686-pc-cygwin"...
(gdb) break mc_cmp
Breakpoint 1 at 0x4026f8: file /comun/src/mc_cmp.cpp, line 689.
(gdb) r
Starting program: s:\client\mcc_cyg\cmpr\debug\cmprnt.exe
/cygnus/netrel/src/gdb-20010428-3/gdb/coffread.c:472:
gdb-internal-error: sect_i
ndex_text not initialized

mc_cmp is the first line the program should execute after main. I insert
a breakpoint in order to avoid any program related error. I get then the
error and the program stops and doesn't arrive at the breakpoint.
Obviously, if I try to run without breakpoint the error occurs as well.

If I run the program directly without gdb it works properly.

This program links a mcodbcnt.dll that is not a gcc compiled dll. It's a
Watcom C++ compiled one. But it works fine without gdb.

Where am I going wrong ?

Or is there any problem ?

Thanks in advance. Ignasi Villagrasa.