Re: Problems

Boy is this a FAQ!  Perhaps many people don't equate this kind of
behavior with the FAQ entry:

What if setup fails?
http://www.cygwin.com/faq/faq_2.html#SEC15

However, this is exactly what happened.  Setup failed to install properly
on your system, either because you didn't install all packages as you're
supposed to or because of some issue not necessarily in your control.  See
this FAQ entry for suggestions in the latter case.  Make sure you try
*all* the options mentioned in the FAQ.  If one doesn't work, try the
others.  If you're still having a problem, you can contact the list again
with the details the FAQ suggests.

At 01:32 PM 11/7/2001, Mais, Dale wrote:

>I have tried to install cygwin on both an NT and Win98 machine and while it
>seems to install OK, when I try to open all I get is a fraction of a second
>appearance of a DOS window that disappears. I cannot get beyond this
>"flash". Any thoughts?
>
>Thanks
>
>I am not a computer guru and have forgotten what little I knew of DOS so
>trying to understand the language of the guidance on your web page does me
>little good, I just don't understand all the lingo.
>
>Dale E. Mais, Ph.D.
>Research Investigator
>Endocrine Research
>Ligand Pharmaceuticals, Inc.