Accessing the Windows registry with Cygwin Tcl/TK

Hello everybody,

I would like to access the Windows registry with Tcl/TK using the cygwin
version of this package. The Tcl/Tk manual pages tell you to enter "package
require registry" to provide the command "registry". This package does not
exist in the Cygwin distribution of Tcl/Tk. I found an DLL-file
"cygtclreg80.dll" in the directory /usr/bin and /bin and tried to load it with
the Tcl "load"-command. This yielded a segmentation violation. Can anybody
help me? Is there an error in the dll file or did I miss something?

Regards,

Dirk

Dr. Dirk Melcher
Biometrisches Zentrum Nord des MDK SH
Katharinenstr. 11a, 23554 Luebeck, GERMANY
Tel. +49 0451/4803-305
Fax: +49 0451/4803-300
email: Dirk.Melcher@mdk-sh.de