inetd on win95

Hello,

I am using the latest version of Cygwin on Windows95. I have been trying to use inetd, but without success.
Whenever I try to connect from the second machine (which runs on Linux Mandrake), I get disconnected. Running inetd with the -d option gives the following diagnostic:

someone wants telnet
accept, ctrl 3
+ Closing from 20
511955 execl /usr/sbin/in.telnetd