Re: setup use on Windows 2000

Hi,
         I'm ready for my next installment of information.

1) I installed the service pack #2 for windows 2000.
2) I upgraded to IE 6.0

I still have the same problem. I am wondering if the http library helper is
in some other upgrade package. I'll continue to investigate this.

On the increasing byte count, the dialog never gets that far, It always
maintains that it is connecting during the memory allocation runaway.

Thanks for the help so far. Hopefully we'll get this tracked down.

Regards
Chris

At 10:58 AM 11/3/2001 +1100, you wrote:
>On Sat, 2001-11-03 at 00:55, Christopher B. Lirakis wrote:
> > At 12:11 AM 11/3/2001 +1100, you wrote:
>
> > >Do you have IE 4 or newer on your pc?
> > >Are you using a proxy?
> > >did you choose direct or IE5 settings or manual proxy?
> > >Does the byte count start going up at all?
> >
> > I don't know what version of IE I have, I don't use it. Does the setup
> make
> > use of components within IE? If so, I will upgrade.
>
>Setup.exe use msie's http helper library. Please try upgrading.
>
> > I am not sure I catch your drift on the byte count question. Do you mean
> > within the setup dialog?
>
>Yes, once it starts downloading a file is shows the number of bytes
>downloaded and the kbps rate.
>
>Rob

-Christopher B. Lirakis, Phd
-High Performance Computing