Re: setup test #4

On Fri, 2001-11-02 at 18:45, Paul G. wrote:

> On 2 Nov 2001 at 17:52, the Illustrious Robert Collins wrote:
>
> > On Fri, 2001-11-02 at 17:37, Paul G. wrote:
> > > snapshot -4
> >
> > > 	Does "Keep" care whether binary has been installed or not?  If not,
> > > then "Keep+src=ticked" would handle this nicely.
> >
> > Yes, keep is for the case where a package is installed. Additionally,
> > there is no uninstall for source currently!
>
> 	Ok.
>
> 	Think I found another bug, one that could be changed in to a "feature" ;-).
>
> 	It is assumed that you have already downloaded the binary using setup.exe -4.
>
> 	When uninstalling a binary package, such as patch, from setup.exe, the logical result is
> that the patch binary is removed.
>
> 	You can then, using snapshot -4, download the source by selecting revision 0.0 and setting
> "src=ticked".  Interesting.  The funny/interesting thing is that if you have the binary installed, revision
> 0.0 does not appear ;-).  Revision 0.0 only appears after an uninstall of the binary package has
> occurred, or at least so it would seem.

Which package? I just tried this cron, and while it did default to
"source" rather the current version - something I'm about to fix :} - it
wouldn't show 0.0 for me. 0.0 is show for packages that don't have a
version stamp - and some of the old packages don't or didn't have
versions. You may have 'lucked' onto one of those in the 'prev' field.

Rob