Re: network resources from within cron job??

 From the mailing list archives, (I searched with google for "cron
seteuid not owner site:cygwin.com").

 >It's very likely that you don't have the
 >appropriate privileges. Note that admin users don't have that
 >permissions by default. Try starting cron as service from
 >cygrunsrv (according to the README) under SYSTEM account.

This sounds like the problem- the Administrator account doesn't have the
permissions to run the service, but naturally the SYSTEM account doesn't
have the rights to the network share. You can give the Administrator
account rights to start the service (detailed in
/usr/doc/cygwin/inetutils-<ver>.README. This is "discouraged" because it
gives the account super-user privileges.

Even if you make those changes, I wouldn't think that the local
Administrator will have rights to the network share. You might want to
create a domain user who has rights to start the service AND rights to
the network share- but again, this is "discouraged" because it is
"dangerous". YMMV.

HTH,
Peter

Lou Rayman wrote:

> I need to set up a cron job that has access to a network share.  It looks
> something like this:
>
> net use z: \\\\computer\\share passwd /user:zzzz /persistant:no
> <a program that accesses z:>
> net usr z: /delete
>
> the shell script runs fine under bash.  but from within cron I get:
>
> System Error 1312
>  A specified logon session does not exist.  It may already have
>  been terminated.
>
> I guess this is because cron is running under the local system account,
> which has no "logon" session.
>
> I tried setting up the cron service to run under the host's Administrator
> account, but that gives me a error: seteuid: not owner
>
> can anyone help me????
> --
> Lou Rayman               lrayman@redtop.com
> Senior Engineer          www.redtop.com