Compiling a nmap on cygwin and other hard to compile programs

Hello Everyone

     I recently read the mailing list and this has been discussed before but
I was wondering has anybody managed to successfully compile and ACTUALLY RUN
any of the following programs under cygwin

     nmap(latest version)
     ethereal(latest version)
     Ciao Prolog
     xchat
     load or xload (or any of the cool programs that shows system load)
     libpcap(latest version)

Iam just curious just to see if anyone has had any successes running any of
these programs if you have please email me and tell how you did it.

           From,
                nmatrix9