Re: failed to compile cygwin <<Scan Mail hat keinen Virus gefunden>>

My make also choked on cygwin/cygheap.cc with "implicit declaration of function
int memset(...)"

The problem is that the include path in winsup/Makefile.common  starts with
-I. -I/usr/src/.../winsup/cygwin, but the <string.h> include file in winsup/cygwin/string.h
starts with:
#ifndef _CYGWIN_STRING_H
#define _CYGWIN_STRING_H
#include_next <string.h>

So the only string.h that is getting included is the local one (in winsup/cygwin/string.h),
which does not include the memset prototype.

I "solved" the problem by changing the cygwin/string.h file:
#include_next <string.h>
#ifndef _CYGWIN_STRING_H
#define _CYGWIN_STRING_H

This ensures that the next string.h that gets included will be the system one,
and not cygwin/string.h

I'm a complete newbie to cygwin so I don't know if this is the "correct" solution

Kevin

http://www.ieg.com.br