Re: building jed

On 23 Oct 2001, you wrote:

> Am 2001-10-23 um 18:38 schriebst du:

> There is only one way, his or mine, but I tried to build as he
> suggested to do it and it doesn't work as I expected.

Really? It compiled out of the box for me, though of course I had
nothing to test it against.

> > It seems quite slow clearing the screen, one can practically see the
> > cursor moving. Other things: The outlines of the menus are wrong
> > (strange chars rather than line characters); Some of the key mappings
> > do not work (particulary Ctrl-X,Ctrl-C to exit!). This doesn't happen
> > in the normal W32 (MINGW32) build and I'm wondering if it is because
> > of some difference in the type of terminal it thinks it is running on?
[snip]
> Ah no, I got it,
> hitting Ctrl-X,Ctrl-C is for exit...That was in rxvt terminal, but it
> does the same in a bash shell window. It works for me.

Oh. Maybe I will try to have a look at the source and see what is
wrong. I could not get the version you patched and had to apply your
patch to the next version.

> I'm startring to like it.
>
> And I cannot say it is slow.  How fast is your box?

PII-300, but the speed I'm comparing it against is running on the
same computer but under Windows rather than with cygwin as well.