Re: Apache/PHP Problem:CLOSE_WAIT sockets

On Wed, Oct 24, 2001 at 09:15:00AM +0200, Stipe Tolj wrote:
>> Tested like this:
>> gets HTML page from Apache : OK( Port closes)
>> gets plain PHP page from Apache: OK( Port closes)
>> gets simple PHP script that outputs PGSQL data (script outputs as
>> expected): CLOSE_WAIT
>>
>>   The script executes the pgClose(database); statement.
>>
>> >How did you see about CLOSE_WAIT states in sockets?
>> I did a netstat and also used a tool called ActivePorts from Smartline to
>> monitor the connections(the tool reports the process that is currently using
>> the port)
>>
>> I installed the non-cgywin Win32 Apache from Apache Group and the win32 PHP
>> from php.net. Seems like there is no problem in this case, even when PHP
>> script is talking to the Cygwin PGSQL.
>
>so my suggestion that there is something wrong with socket
>communication under Cygwin is more and more enlighted.
>
>I have similar "problems" with Apache's keep-alive, where some process
>stay in kell-alive state forever and then suddenly closes the socket.
>
>Can someone from the Cygwin Core team please check this!!! Thanks.

I don't know how many people are willing to download apache, set it up,
and run it, to duplicate your problems.

So, you're welcome to keep asking for "the Cygwin Core team" to debug
this but I suspect that you'll have a long wait unless you can dilute
the problem into a simple test case.

Or, if you have a failing condition, you might want to attach the debugger
to it and poke around to see what is going on.  You will need to build
a debugging version of cygwin to get any useful info of course.

cgf