Thanks and goodby for now

I'm retiring from corporate life the end of this month,
and whatever work I do on my home computer, I'll be
using mostly Linux.  So I'll be signing off from
this list in a few days.

But, before I go, I want to express my strong thanks to
the Cygwin developers.  I've been using Cygwin for my
general utility computing and throw-away programing
for ad hoc tasks since sometime late B18 or early B 19
when my company went from Win3.1 to NT.  (Prior to that
of course I used DJGPP, for which I also owe thanks to
DJ and the DJGPP developers).

Cygwin has developed into a very nice environment that
installs out of the box, and has made living with NT
as the base operating system not only tolerable, but
pretty much transparent.  It has certainly made my
work life a lot more pleasant than it could have
been otherwise.

Well, in addition, I've also simply enjoyed following
the list for both information and, now and then,
entertainment.

If the time comes when I develop something I want to
port to the windows enviroment, I'll surely be back
to Cygwin.

THANKS AGAIN to people to numerous to mention individually.

Best to all,

John Velman