Re: 1.3.3: fcntl F_{SETOWN,ASYNC} seems broken?

Hey, Rony :)

Rony Shapiro wrote:

EINVAL is returned in case of invalid argument being passed
to the function called - in this case fcntl. So I'd say that
F_SETOWN is not implemented in cygwin's fcntl :)

Look below :)

  switch (cmd)
    {
	// [snip]
	// Here cygwin processes supported operations
    default:
	// This is what happens to you :)
      set_errno (EINVAL);
      res = -1;
      break;
    }

Btw more info on the subj:
http://sources.redhat.com/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/src/winsup/cygwin/fhandler.cc?rev=1.94&content-type=text/x-cvsweb-markup&cvsroot=src

This is the source in cygwin handling fcntl.