How to make 'mkpasswd -d' a faster process?

Dear all,

I am a newbie to cygwin here.

Recently, I installed cygwin 1.3.3.  I tried to turn on ntsec, however, when
I run:

mkpasswd -d > /etc/passwd

mkpasswd traverses the whole directory tree of my company to get everyone's
name.  I have it run almost all day and mkpasswd still has not found my id
yet.

Is there any way to specify the 'user name' to be extracted from the domain
directory?  Is there a faster version of mkpasswd?

BTW, using '| grep <username>' does not help because it takes as long to
traverse the whole directory.

Thanks in advance,
Hung

hung.bui@Nextel.com