Re: SPAM - Re: (((((((-= Enter To Win One of 25 Dream Vacations!! =-)))))))

----- Original Message -----
From: "Christopher Faylor" <cygwin@cygwin.com>
To: "Zdzislaw Sliwinski" <dishlav@research.canon.com.au>
Cc: <cygwin@cygwin.com>
Sent: Wednesday, September 05, 2001 4:18 AM
Subject: Re: SPAM - Re: (((((((-= Enter To Win One of 25 Dream Vacations!!
=-)))))))

> On Wed, Sep 05, 2001 at 08:54:40AM +1000, Zdzislaw Sliwinski wrote:
> >Hi guys,
> >
> >Is there a way to get rid of the mails like the one I got today?
>
> Please do not post spam to the cygwin mailing list.
>
> If you do not like the occasional spam that shows up in the cygwin
> mailing list, then unsubscribe from the cygwin mailing list.
>
> Reposting obnoxious spam is certainly not any kind of solution.

Yes, but I wonder why this filtering routines DO work in the linux kernel
mailing list (LKML), for example, and not here at all (provided there _are_
any implemented at least, well I absolutely don't know how this is handled
here!).
If you insist to find spam amongst the LKML posts, you can find it too, but
it might take 2000 posts to find ONE spam post. On Cygwin ML, you can take
500 random posts, and you're likely to find up to  spam posts amongst them.
I don't think it's impossible to filter this - but just saying "if you don't
like it, don't subscribe to cygwin ML" (sorry cgf!) is really one of the
worst excuses I've heard.
I'm unable to do something against this but when the people at kernel.org
can do this, you guys can do it too. There's no lack of skilled people on
this list who couldn't eventually handle this issue.

Andreas