cannot load php module in apache

Hi

I'm trying to get apache running with php. I gave up on php4.06 as I got
just way too many errors in mak, but no I'm simply trying tu use the modules
provided in the cyg apache port ( http://apache.dev.wapme.net/ )
I've got apache running but when I attempt to load modules I get this..

Syntax error on line 206 of /usr/local/apache/conf/httpd.conf:
API module structure 'session_module' in file
/usr/local/apache/bin/mod_session.dll is garbled - perhaps this is not an
Apache module DSO?

In my httpd.conf file I have

LoadModule session_module bin/mod_session.dll

This happens with the php module as well and I suppose others.. Any ideas?

I both compiled apache with dso support AND used the binaries from the site
with the same result.  DO i need to do something else then:
install apache ( --enable-module=so  --enable-rule=SHARED_CORE)
drop the module.dll somewhere (i put it in apache/bin)
edit httpd.conf for module load
??

Also if anyone has the diffs for compiling the php 4.06 or 4.05 I would
GREATLY appreciate it.
I'm at the end of my rope here :(

Thanks very much

Joshua